Double-Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
Posted by admin on
Double-Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups (225g) white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (118ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (48g) coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup (59ml) mild olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup (59ml) maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) grated zucchini (from one large 9-ounce zucchini)
- 1/3 cup (60g) dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F (178°C). Coat a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-13cm) loaf pan or an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, oil, yogurt, maple syrup, eggs and extract. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until just combined (with a few traces of flour still present). Add the zucchini and chocolate chips and stir to combine. The batter will be quite thick.
Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and flatten the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 45 minutes for a loaf pan and 30 minutes for an 8-inch square pan. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert onto a cooling rack. Wrap leftovers tightly and store at room temperature for up to four days.
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 slice, 1/12th of the recipe
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 219; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 32mg; Sodium: 187mg; Carbohydrate: 25g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 5g