Here we are, just rocking and rolling through our midsummer meal planning. As always: Use this plan as a starting point, and modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 7/5/20
As our strange times continue, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
First up, what’s new this week?
From lots of lemon to salsa verde, and — grocery shopping before a move!
Here’s my review of ALDI’s new roasted verde salsa — now available as a regular buy! I’ve been waiting for years for them to stock salsa verde as a regular item…
You know what goes well with salsa verde? Oh yes, elote style corn! More on this and all my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, including so many lemon-themed Finds to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Lastly, here are some tips on grocery shopping and using up your pantry stockpile while you’re preparing for a move. (Yes, I’m moving later this summer! No, I’m not going far — no worries. 🙂 )
ALDI Meal Planning week of 7/5/20 – 7/11/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/5/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 7/5/20
- Vegetarian elote tortilla casserole — Note: I love this with avocado, but that didn’t fit in this week’s budget. If you have wiggle room in yours, add avocado to today’s and Tuesday’s recipes, and be extra happy with them. 🙂
- Cut up the strawberries on the side
- Smoked sausage & tortellini skillet
- Slice up the pineapple
- Chicken fajita rice skillet (use tenders, & top with Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, if desired)
- On the side, simple tomato cucumber salad (use yellow onion)
- Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders & veggies (substitute baby carrots, sliced lengthwise)
- Curried chicken skillet with cauliflower & rice (use cut up tenders & omit green onions)
- On the side, skillet roasted cauliflower & zucchini — Use the rest of your cauliflower & zucchini; and after cooking, toss with pesto and Parmesan to taste
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 7/4/20
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.69
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.89
Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Priano Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice elote style corn, $1.99
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
2 boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.58
Specially Selected roasted verde salsa, $1.99
Priano pesto, $2.19
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.35
4 lbs chicken tenderloin, $7.96
32 oz Fremont Fish Market tilapia, $5.89
16 oz strawberries, $.99
2 lbs lemons, $2.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
8 oz fresh spinach, $1.39
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.45
1 head cauliflower, $2.29
16 oz zucchini, $1.45
1 lb mini sweet peppers, $2.89
4 Roma tomatoes, $.80
That comes to: $60.85
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/28-7/4 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/1-7/7 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/5/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.