Welcome back to the next odd ALDI meal planning & shopping week in our endless April 2020:
- Per request, I’m posting this week’s meal plan & going by the weekly ad as per usual.
- Stores may not have advertised items in stock, and inventory levels will vary by store, region, and demand.
- Use this week’s plan as a starting point; modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, and what you have on hand in your pantry.
I hope that this latest meal plan helps your week feel a little more normal.
Free ALDI Meal Plan week of 4/19/20
With all of that in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/19/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Find this week’s meal plan below; a few ALDI updates first.
New ALDI Finds, new store safety protocols
My beautiful ALDI forsythia bloom spectacularly and brighten up spring every year — plus, more of my favorite ALDI Finds from years gone by.
ALDI Finds for another April week close to home: From specialty pasta sauce and turkey breakfast sausage, to colorful rugs, to gardening items and more.
Lastly, ALDI April 2020 Safety Updates: New occupancy limits, one way aisles, one person per cart, and more.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 4/19/20 – 4/25/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 4/19/20
- Roast chipotle chicken & potatoes
- On the side: Easy baked zucchini (reserve one zucchini for Monday)
- Shred 3.5 cups of the cooked chicken, and reserve for future recipes
- Italian chicken, veggie, & pasta skillet
- Have the baguette on the side, and make seasoned olive oil to dip the bread in by adding minced garlic, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan to taste.
- Leftover chicken taco soup, topped with shredded cheddar and chopped green onion
- Serve with tortilla chips and 1 lb of the grapes
- Ground turkey stir fry with cauliflower rice
- Serve with sliced mangoes
- Skillet pork chops with tomatoes & mushrooms — You may need to increase the cooking time slightly with the bone-in chops, so test to make sure they are cooked through before removing from pan.
- Serve with baked potatoes
- Steam up the rest of the broccoli, and melt shredded cheddar & Parmesan on top
- Deconstructed vegetarian enchiladas skillet
- Serve with tortilla chips and grapes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 4/18/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.89
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Happy Farms mozzarella cheese block, $1.65
Season’s Choice frozen riced cauliflower, $1.49
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
16 oz Casa Mamita organic chipotle lime salsa, $2.29
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
16 oz Reggano penne rigate, $.99
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.39
3 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.44
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
2 cans Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.69
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Pueblo Lindo chopped green chilies, $.69
7 lb whole chicken, $6.65
16 oz Kirkwood frozen ground turkey, $1.99
1.5 lbs assorted pork chops, $3.74
2 lbs red grapes, $2.58
2 mangoes, $1.38
Green onions, $.69
3 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $5.07
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.49
30 oz zucchini, $2.80
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.65.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/12-4/18 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/15-4/21 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/19/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.